Sunday, January 3, 2010

Poo!

I am not supposed to have to deal with poo first thing in the morning until I am a mom (of an actual human baby). Right? Uuuugh!

This morning I was lounging in my bed, pretending to be asleep while the entire house woke up around me (bird squawking, dog click-clacking, mom flip-flopping, and fiance grumbling). I heard Hurley come in from out side and get his paws wiped off, and then he ran into our room where Bobby promptly invited him up onto the bed for a morning snuggle. He snuggles up with me and I begin to let myself drift off again...

I vaguely notice that Bobby is up and wandering in and out of the room, but pay very little attention until I hear, "What is that? Were his feet muddy?" I heaved a big sigh and sat up "What!?... Oh." There's a big brown smudge on my down comforter - which is bare because I washed the duvet last night and did not put it back on before I went to bed. I touch each one of the dog's paws to check for mud - and there is none.

So like a genius I touch the brown spot and then sniff it. EEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeew!!!!!! "THAT'S POO!!" I squealed and ran for the bathroom! I washed my hands several times and then went into the bedroom and stripped my comforter, the sheets, and the pillow cases off the bed. Then I washed my hands again.

Well the sheets and pillow cases are in the washer with TWO capfulls of  detergent and hot water. And I get to go to a laundry mat later to wash the comforter WITH BLEACH. Miz took Hurley in the shower with her and gave him a thorough scrubbing. And he has an appointment with a groomer tomorrow to be bathed and have the fluffly, poo-catching fur cut off of him. I've washed my hands several more times.

1 comment:

  1. Hahahahahahahaha! Welcome to my world of urine!

    ReplyDelete

Followers