Sunday, January 31, 2010

Day one - the hunt is on!

Went out with Kevin (the realtor dude) and saw the very first two houses today.

The first one was painful. Before we even walked in the door Mom and I could spot about 5 major things that were wrong. We get into the place and it smells like a giant ashtray. There was one room painted this awful mustardy color with the window boarded up... I couldn't even walk all the way into the room! It was not just ugly and dank, it felt wrong - like I think something awful and yucky happened in there! Soooo... that place was a big giant NO!
So then we drove out to the other place. And we drove. And we drove. And we drove. It was in this teency little town West of Galt called Thornton. Mom doesn't like that it's so far away but I've got to say there's something appealing about a small town like this.
Maybe it's the fact that people were riding around town on horses (and a pony)?


Unfortunately, the house had been vandalized badly. Holes in the walls and graffitti everywhere. Mom thought the little punks had drawn something obscene on the walls. I let her know it wasn't obscene at all, just a little crack pipe. (Niice...)
 
  
Along with the nice small town feel, there were a few other things that I found appealing. The kitchen is cute. And the yard is pretty huge. 
So it had a lot of problems, but I'm not taking it off the list of possibilities. It had lots of potential. :)

















2 comments:

  1. I like it! And...Thornton is NOT that bad. Besides, if you're having a crappy day and you see two horses and a pony stroll by it just might put a smile on your face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it too! Because of all the damage done by vandals it would be REALLY hard to get it aproved by our lender. But... I'm not ruling it out. The small town part (and the horses walking past the front door!) completely appeals to me!

    ReplyDelete

Followers