Monday, August 2, 2010

A weekend of Lucas

Our baby nephew came for a visit this weekend while his parents hiked Half Dome in Yosemite.

He's a few months shy of his second birthday and the kid is amazing! He talks your ear off, he's potty training himself, he's a very good boy (of course he does have a stubborn streak, and his "testing my boundaries" moments), and I had a blast with him!

Chris and Kheri picked him up about 4 on Sunday and at first I was relieved to have a break, and be able to clean my house! But after about an hour my house was clean, I didn't feel tired anymore... And it was WAY too quiet here! His constant happy babble filled our house for two days and now that it's gone the house feels too empty!

He loves his uncle Bobby and every time we pulled into the driveway he said, "Oh Bobby house!" and when Bobby left for work he would say, "Oh Bobby? Bobby? Bobby?" several times throughout the day! He also loves uncle Bobby's motorcycle (although the sound of it scares him) and he wanted to look out the window and would say, "Bobby cycle!"

He also loved this picture and would give me my phone and say, "cycle me?" asking to see it.

We went to Macy's and Miz Miz bought him a cute new outfit.  It's a good thing we didn't stay very long, she may have bought the entire baby department! When we went grocery shopping later, I put him in the new outfit so I could take a picture for Miz.

At the store we were walking past the beer aisle and Lucas started saying, "Oh BEER!" very loudly! Several people gave me funny looks. I was cracking up. You can say something in front of this kid ONE TIME and he will remember it forever!

We didn't get to go to the pool party as I'd hoped, so instead we went outside and played in the sprinkler. I think he had fun anyway!

I actually have about 60 pictures from the weekend - I've restrained myself from posting them all! We had a nice weekend and although it was definitely tiring, I'm looking forward to September when we get to have BOTH of the nephews!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! He.is.so.handsome! When you're watching him in September - let's go down the beer aisle.

    Love your new background too!

    ReplyDelete

Followers