Monday, August 30, 2010

Inspiration

I seem to have inspiration all around me lately.

Yesterday my friend (and future sister-in-law) Kheri ran in a triathlon! She has been running and biking and working out with a kettlebell. She looks amazing and seems to be really happy with it. Every time I see her I am inspired to get off my butt and DO SOMETHING. (Now if only I could find the SOMETHING that I could stick with for more than a few days I will be golden - more on that later).

While Kheri "swim bike run"ed... I got to hang out with my nephew all morning and some of the afternoon (because I volunteered to keep him so she could rest after the race). Talk about inspiration! This kid never fails to amaze me. He requires lots of attention and supervision but it never feels like work. He is smart and adorable and so sweet. (I wuvyoubye!) I know our children will LOOK nothing like this toeheaded nephew of mine, but I can certainly hope they will be as cute/fun/smart as him!

I am even feeling so inspired lately, I feel like being artistic! Yesterday I found a picture I drew a couple of years ago that was pretty cool. Now, I'm not a great artist. I took a drawing class and became maybe mediocre at best. But the picture was cool and I'd like to buy some oil pastels and continue with the idea!

And next month I get to do a "guest post" on my friend Stacie's blog. My first instinct was to write about sharks, but I will be kind and find a more appropriate topic. :)

2 comments:

  1. oh! You should post the result of your pastel endeavor!! I look forward to it!
    And what's wrong with sharks? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. April I still haven't bought any oil pastels! I haven't had time/money to get over to art Ellis, and I think I can only get 'em at a real art store! Sometime soon. :)

    Stacie is afraid of sharks and after I thought about my ridiculous fear of spiders for a few minutes, I decided not to give her any crap about her fear!

    ReplyDelete

Followers