Saturday, August 7, 2010

House of... what?

 I went to the House of Fashion outlet today. The lady I talked to was rude and insulting. I will definitely be going somewhere else to get my dream dress. :)  Here's the yelp review I left for the house of jerks....

My experience at the House of Fashion Outlet was not good. I walked in without an appointment - totally understanding that I probably wasn't going to get a lot of attention from the employees there. What I did not expect was to be treated rudely, and insulted!

I followed the "come on up!" sign and walked upstairs and started browsing. A woman came out and asked me about my wedding date, and my dress size. When I told her that I was a 14 she wrinkled her nose, and said, "I don't have many in THAT size". She waved her hand at a small rack and informed me those were the only 16-18's that she had. I told her that I was a 14 in WEDDING dresses, and that I did not intend to get any bigger, laughing and sort of making a joke out of my discomfort. Then she made a comment about keeping at the diet and exercise and walked out of the room.

OKAY - I am aware that I am a big girl. But I do not expect to be treated poorly because of that... especially by a sales person in a store where I was intending to spend a few hundred dollars!!!

I went home and ate a salad. And tomorrow I will be taking my (and my bridesmaids... which will probably add up to over $1000 worth of business!) elsewhere!

4 comments:

  1. Gonzalez Bridal here we come! Check out the La Spousa website. Those are some of the dresses you'll be seeing. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spelled it wrong! It's La Sposa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you know, I had a similar problem there when I went there a few years ago. I ended up grudgingly going over to (I know it sounds hokey) Bridemart and they had quite a few selections. There is a french woman who works there who was an ABSOLUTE doll. And she knew her schnit. :)
    I can look for her card if you'd like...but calling ahead to make an appointment is still good. They are busy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, it's bridal mart: http://www.bridalmegamall.com/

    ReplyDelete

Followers