Sunday, August 15, 2010

Va-voom!

Yesterday I finally had the wedding dress shopping experience I've been hoping for. I actually had great customer service. Nobody called me fat. AND, I found the dress of my dreams... in my price range! What more could a girl ask for?!?

My friend (and one of the bridesmaids) Stacie took me to a place she'd been to in Lodi called Casa Gonzales. It's a teeny little shop owned by a mother and daughter. The daughter Sandra helped us out. She was pretty amazing. There were TONS of gowns for me to choose from (that fit me!), and after talking to me for only a short time she had a pretty excellent idea of what I might like and what would look good on me. She also stayed within my budget (which is pretty amazing from what I've heard about bridal shops).

I tried on 5 or 6 dresses and found two that I was really fond of. Then she put a dress in front of me and I said, "Hey, did I pick this one out?" and she laughed and said it wasn't one that I had picked out, it was one she thought I'd like. I put the dress on and stepped out in front of the mirror....

WHAM! I felt like a cross between Cinderella and Jessica Rabbit! Va-voom! I still can't believe it. I couldn't stop touching the bead work, or smoothing the dress down my curves! It is so perfect - it's completely unique, it's billowy and princessy, it's sexy, it's PERFECT!

I didn't have even the slightest desire to try any other dresses on. It's within the budget I set for myself (just barely) and it is SO my dress.

When I was finally able to tear my eyes away from the mirror and bring myself to take my dress off, I talked to Sandra about bridesmaid dresses and Stacie tried on a cute little number that goes beautifully with my dress and comes in the perfect colors! Now I just have to get my mom (when she's back from Hawaii) and Kheri (my other bridesmaid) to go out to Lodi with me (SOON) to see my gorgeous dress, and possibly our bridesmaids dresses!

3 comments:

  1. The ONLY reason it is ok with me that you went without me is that you had Stacie....jerl. Well, and that you found your dress. I am so happy for you!!
    ~Kheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ONLY reason I didn't INSIST that you be there, was because you had a prior engagement with a certain tattoo goddess... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! SO exciting!! So happy for you!! <3
    Can't wait to see it on the beautiful bride!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers