Sunday, April 18, 2010

Let's go ride bikes!

I have had this really old Schwinn sitting in the backyard collecting rust and spiderwebs for quite some time. A few weeks ago I found a contraption on ebay that hooks up to your bike, and walks your dog! It's supposed to be very safe for dog and rider, and what a great way to kill two birds with one stone! I get some exercise, and Hurley gets a great walk in! So I shelled out $20 and ordered it.

Then I told Bobby I need him to make my bike GO.  I figured some new tires and a quick spray with the hose would do. I'm not picky. So one day last week he comes home with new tires and tubes, grease for my chain, and new grips for my handlebars. I was so excited!

Last night when he got home I asked him if we could put all the new stuff on my bike. He went outside to disassemble and then reassemble my bike, and I flew off to the grocery store to get BBQ ingredients.

We had discussed repainting it and doing a few other aesthetic things to it, but hadn't really gotten there yet. I told him that I'd be happy with black primer for now, to get rid of the rust and everything. When I got home that sweet man was out in the backyard covered in dirt and grease, sanding the bike frame down and preparing to primer it!

I wish I had taken a complete before" picture - but this will have to do... It's not done yet (it got dark before we could finish) but it's well on it's way to being a working (even nice looking!) bike!  I will for sure post complete "after" pictures!
I had to tell Bobby to stop because it was dark - he would've kept working well into the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers