Monday, September 13, 2010

Micro-brewery tastes on a Pabst budget...

So this weekend the wedding plans sort of came to a screeching halt. (Don't worry - I'm still madly in love with Bobby and we are doing fine!) It turns out I sort of have expensive taste - even when I'm trying to be "reasonable".  I sat down and actually wrote out our budget, and it turns out that while I was estimating all of this stuff we could afford... I forgot to factor in that I suck at math!!

I'm not really sure what I was thinking... But after the plane tickets and the rooms in Cozumel - I don't have nearly as much left over as I was thinking I would!

This surely doesn't mean that we're changing the plans completely. It just means that I have to tweak a few things, completely change a few things, and probably let a few things go. The first on the "to go" list will probably be my $900 dress. Back to the drawing board on that!

Oh well, the dress is important but not nearly as important as a few other things... Like the groom for instance! At least I still get to marry Bobby. And the people I love most will be there. (In fact, it seems like there are going to be LOTS of people we love coming!) Plus we still get to spend a week in paradise. Life could be a lot worse, eh? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers