Monday, June 14, 2010

Father's Day - Part I

Mom,

We both know that nobody's childhood is perfect. We've spent a lot of time talking about the imperfections. But I wanted you to know that when I think of my childhood, I have more good memories than bad. And as an adult, I don't think I'm too effed up! In fact, I'm doing pretty good. I'm not sure, but I think that makes you a success as a parent. :)

I was going to write a post about Troy for father's day. About him being the best Dad I ever had. It's true that Troy's part in my life was very special. I liked to call him my pseudo-Dad. (Still do). But the more I thought about it, the more inaccurate it seems to call him "the BEST".

There's only one person in my life that really deserves any "BEST" parent title. I usually call her Mom. But she's played so many roles in my life that it doesn't really matter which title I give it - Mom, Dad, best friend, nurse, counselor...

Mom - you've been all of those things and more for 28 years and counting. I just want to say thank you. And happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers